Friday, July 18, 2008

Irish Times

Monday night I went to The Burren in Davis Square for my manager's birthday. The female on my right is not my manager. That's Vawnya and we used to be box office arch nemesises... It was very random, and I felt just a TAD awkward considering I was going out drinking with... all of my managers. That's right, I have like 14 managers. They're all great though!... for the most part. Anyway, what excited me about this event was the location. The Burren is an Irish Pub named after an ancient geological site in... the Galway region of Ireland, which is where my mother's family is from, and it's a place that I have been. Here, I'll show you!

That's the Portal Tomb, located in The Burren. I took that. Don't believe me???... has anyone reading this been to Ireland, no.

Anyway, my cousin Geraldine (Irish cousin), played a gig at The Burren (Somerville) like 10 years ago. My grandparents always ask me if I've been, and I always tell them yes, because I want them to like me!... haha, they're my grandparents, what the hell am I talking about? So when we got there, I told the gang that my cousin came over from Ireland and played a gig there. They weren't impressed. THEN, I saw posters on the walls from Inishbofin, which is the tiny little island that my great-grandmother came from! NUTS... again, they weren't impressed, they had their drinkin' pants on. At about 9 some live Irish music started playing, and I loved it. The Black Rose in Faneuil Hall is also a great Irish Pub with live Irish music every night. No one ever wants to go with me. They're all D-bags... ugh, let's go to Goody's... FUCK GOODY'S!. I'm sorry, but I'm so frigon sick of going to the same bar, where I see the same people spending literally all of their time and money there. It's sad. Not me or my friends, we have outside lives. But there are clients of this bar, that basically do nothing but go to Goody's every frigon night. And they start early. I know I just started 4 sentences with and or but, it's my blog, I do what I want!

Anyway, I love Irish pubs with live Irish music, because I love the sounds, and it reminds me of going to Ireland. And I love drinking with my employers.

Who wants to go to an Irish pub with me?!

No comments: