Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Apartment Blues

Take a good look people, because that may very well be me next year. It's July, and I still do not have roommates, or an apartment to live in next year. Well, technically, I have a quaint home in Everett with Patty as my backup, but I just don't understand how I'm in this general situation. Although Patty's place is great and cheap, it is in Everett, and no one will come to visit us because you have to take a train and a bus. SO, I'm trying very hard to somehow find a place in the Davis, Porter, or Central Square area. That way I can remain close to everyone, and I'll only need to use one mode of public transportation. I actually responded to some ADs on Craigslist in the hope that I can find my dream room/apartment/roommates.

I've never felt such panic about my living situation. I mean, this process has literally consumed my entire being. For the last 3 years, I have ALWAYS had a place all set to go by no later than June. This year, all of the people that I had plans to live with, bailed on me. Bailed is a harsh word to use, but, I'm stuck, and they're all set, so, I have a little right to be harsh.

Thankfully, I do have Patty as my backup. So, I won't really be sleeping in a bag on Tremont Street. What would you do if you walked out of Park Street and saw me on the street in a bag... sleeping? WHAT WOULD YOU DO?!

1 comment:

Derrick said...

I am in Everett. So #1, you have a friend already!

#2, People do visit you. I have friends visit all the time. They can just deal.