Friday, August 1, 2008

So Let's Talk About Christmas

Last night I attended a performance of Sondheim's black comedy musical, Assassins. One of my managers, Penny, was in the show, so I was looking forward to seeing her perform, especially since I told her that I strongly disliked musicals. Now, the majority of her theatrical career is dedicated to... that's right, musical theatre. So I basically told her I hate her career... again, I have no filter. It's ok though, because she hasn't let me forget that. When I told her I had planned on seeing this show, she said, "Oh good, you'll like it, because there's guns, and killing, and swears, and it's dark, and not so musically." Anyway, I really did enjoy the show, it was very smart, and Penny was delightful.

Afterwards, Dahlia (my "date") and Penny and I went to Delux for a drink. I LOVE drinking with my co-workers. Penny bought our first round, and we discussed love, life, and Christmas trees. Delux has a year round plastic Christmas tree on their bar, so after we finished discussing the rather dark topic of young death, Penny gave the great non sequitur of, sooo how about Christmas?! It was amusing. I just enjoy going outside of the office with co-workers.

We're listening to Mama Mia right now. Everyone gets this joke except for me!

I'm going to the Red Sox game tonight with Justin!

Dahlia keeps making, your mom was...last night jokes. I like her!

1 comment:

Penny! said...

I am now your biggest fan. Mostly cause I was mentioned in your blog. But also cause you are funny.