Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Really?

Is it just me, or is imitating the Nazi march in public just never comical? As I strolled down Hanover Street on this warm, beautiful, May day, I passed by a group of young wipper snappers, all with haircuts similar to this:


As I passed, one decided to extend his right arm and march in a Nazi fashion. Now, I'm not Jewish, nor do I have any ties to the Holocaust, however, I just find that gesture to be unseemly, especially when made in jest on a very public street. Not that condone doing it seriously in public, or at all for that matter.


In other news, I was approved for my travel visa this morning for my trip to Italy! I was wildly nervous because:
A. The study abroad woman didn't like to answer all of my questions
B. I didn't really have all of the proper documentation
C. The 2 students ahead of me were both rejected

Of course when the Italian visa man saw that I was applying for just a 2 week stay, he chuckled a bit, and then was lenient with my mistakes. So, I was approved, I pick up the visa Friday morning! I leave on the 17th, and I cannot be more excited. Patty and I were looking at travel books the other day at Borders, and she mentioned this in her blog, but it bares repeating: I saw in one book that the legal age of consent is 16, and that made me laugh and I made an inappropriate joke about nailin' 16 year old I-talian.

I also don't know anything about where we're staying, or what shuttle I'm taking to the campus in Florence when I arrive in Rome, so basically my plan is to get to the Rome airport and just shout SUFFOLK SUFFOLK SUFFOLK SUFFOLK really really loudly until finally someone says, "yes, ok, come with me."

Oh, and I apologized for picking on my dad this afternoon.

Ciao!

No comments: