Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Melting Pot Heatwave!



Damn it's hot! The miserable heat of summer has finally hit the Bay State this week as temperatures hold in the mid 90s. It seems like the seasons this year were incredibly jarring. We went from winter, to weird cold rainy sloppy Spring, to just rainy and sloppy summer with not much sun, and now we just have oppressive thick heat and humidity. That sentence is probably far longer than it is supposed to be, but who cares? NO ONE READS THIS BLOG ANYMORE ANYWAY!!! How are YOU dealing with this week's heat? Below Average Height wants to know! Post your answers as replies if you wish... or just tell me what you're wearing today.

This entry is going to be a MELTING pot of subjects since a fair amount occurred since I last wrote. Starting with:


We did it!!! Great big thank yous go out to everyone that attended Kelly and I's show and to Patty and the "boys" of Awkward Compliment for having us on. We (I) really enjoyed performing together and we (I) hope we (I) can do it again sometime soon. Props to Jeremy and Evan for also having a really great show. Evan, why do you hate me SO much?

We went on first before a packed house (32 people) and it was so nice to see familiar faces and some non-familiar ones and some familiar ones that at the end of the show I didn't recognize... sorry Kim and Randy. You're both great.

Kelly and I showed up to the theater a bit early to rehearse and ended up in the storage room lifting bags of popcorn. When asked what we were doing in there, I smoothly answered, "we're just warming up". Kelly looked like a deer caught in head lights as thoughts of free candy and soda danced through her over processed head/hair. Our relationships and characters were often conflicting, but it kind of worked. Suck it rules of improv! "Just rape what's in front of you" - Susan Messing.

Ok so next: I moved!!! And I heart my new apartment so hard. Here are some photos courtesy of my new roommate, Christina.



It's really pretty great. My step mother gave me the record player her and her first husband purchased together, so I'm going to play the Who records she gave me on it! I'm so excited for that.

Ok just 2 more quick updates, and I'll wrap up. I realize that no one enjoys reading long blog entries.

So this idiot had a birthday:


To celebrate we strolled along Cambridge Street and checking the Jameson at each bar. Plus one Mai Thai. While drinking the Mai Thai, the bartender, a 60ish year old Chinese man received a foot rub from another 60ish year old drunk biker-esque looking man named Billy O'Malley... ugh only with Nick. We ended the night snuggling up on his futon, possibly for the last time, as he's moving out to Forest Hills in JP with 3 middle aged men.

OK! We're almost done, my last bit of news involves me having a job interview... TODAY at Brodney's Antiques Shop on Newbury Street.

Oh! Oh! and do yourself a favor and pick up this book:


I'm literally obsessed with all things Amy Sedaris lately, and this book is just JAM packed with humor and insight and recipes and crafts, and ugh... I just love her.

Ok, tata for now!

No comments: