Monday, January 26, 2009

3 Stinky Cheeses


Since Brian is my "executive" producer, I'm typing this entry in Courier... like it? Great.

Friday night was a big stock pot of gayness. How do you make gay stock Nick??? Well, first you start with a nice blonde brassy base, like chicken stock... I prefer Kelly Dooley since her legs closely resemble chicken thighs. Then you add a leather clad, but non-lesbian, red-headed hag, and since Jules is up north fucking moose, I went with Patty. For a little spice, Patty kicked it up a notch with a gay Mexican... or El Salvadorian... or something, by the name of Roberto. Pour in a softly lit restaurant, Tremont 647, until you cover the foursome. Then for strong flavor throw in strong cocktails, over-priced French fries, a 3 cheese appetizer, and folks, you got yoself a stewing pot of homo.

If you really want a gay feast... scrounge up Alex and Reeve, and now you have a smorGAYsbord.

Friday night began with cocktails and light finger food at Tremont 647 in the South End. The restaurant was intimate, softly lit, and politely staffed. We were seated right away, despite being 9ish on a Friday night, and we didn't even receive attitude for really only having cocktails. By the way, if you want strong drinks, go to gay bars. I had some gin concoction followed by the Tremont Tang and I was in a happy place.

We finished up in the restaurant, and then walked right next door to Tremont 647's sister establisment, Sister Sorel... SISTER SISTER... yeah. This was the Boston gay bar I enjoy. The bar was lit by tall taper candles, and from the ceiling hung tea light candles! Like 647, Sister Sorel was very small, cozy, intimate, and the staff was kind... well, maybe not exactly kind, but attractive! I was having a splendid time there, but the rest of the gay entourage wanted to dance so I was dragged to Club Cafe.

Yep... there it is... in all of it's designer t-shirt/faux hawk glory holeness. My 2 previous visits to Club Cafe were not pleasant, so I've developed a complex. However, this time I was packing heat, and by heat, I mean Kelly and Patty. I danced with Roberto and Patty, Reeve and Alex went off to hunt, and then we left. It was an overall wonderous evening, but Club Caffaux hawk does make me slightly uncomfortable. Maybe because I never intend to go there, so I'm never really properly dressed... you know not like a Bel Ami star.

I want to go back to Sister Sorel, and 647 for their pajama brunch!


A Presto...

2 comments:

StefHeartsYou said...

I like Tremont 647...and i know i said no to brunch last time but maybe this weekend we could do brunch? This post inspired me to brunch, so let's do it.

Also, I am glad that you are never quite prepared for Club Cafe because I am not a fan either (bad experiences abound...).

J. Clarence said...

"By the way, if you want strong drinks, go to gay bars. I had some gin concoction followed by the Tremont Tang and I was in a happy place."

I'm quoting you and adding this to facebook, because it's funny, and absolutely true.

Club Cafe seems to be for so many people a hit or miss place, and most of the time it's a miss. Which is strange, because I've always had really great times there. Though I think a lot of the appeal is the fact that it is a novelty, because beyond the fact that it is "Club Cafe" there isn't much to the place.

In any event, I am glad you had a gay old time. They are fun to have every now and again. Keep it up!